Auckland needs a Super City.
Auckland needs one vision and one plan.
Auckland needs an Executive Mayor.
Auckland needs only one bureaucracy
But Auckland also needs a Super City that represents all of Auckland and not just some of it.
Here is a fairer plan.
- Set up twenty two wards roughly corresponding to Auckland’s General electorates and two Maori electorates.
- Each electorate elects its own ward.
- Each ward then elects one of its number as a Super City councillor.
- Each ward looks after its community assets and speaks for its neighbourhood.
- The Super City speaks and plans for the whole region.
SIMPLE and FAIR and DEMOCRATIC